Call Now

US Visa Extension Lawyer


Extend My Non-immigrant Stay

If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request before your authorized period of stay expires. If you stay in the United States after your authorized period of stay has expired, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States. You also may be required to apply for a new visa in the country of your nationality.
Who is eligible?

You may be eligible to apply for an extension of your authorized period of stay if: 
  • You were lawfully admitted into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa;
  • Your nonimmigrant visa status remains valid;
  • You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa;
  • You have not violated the conditions of your admission; and
  • Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay.
You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories: 
  • Visa Waiver Program
  • Crew member (D nonimmigrant visa)
  • In transit through the United States (C nonimmigrant visa)
  • In transit through the United States without a visa (TWOV)
  • Fiancé of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancé (K nonimmigrant visa)
  • Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa) 
Check the date in the lower right corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, to determine the date your authorized stay expires. We recommend that you apply to extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires.
If your nonimmigrant status is based on the fact that you are a family member or dependent of an individual who has already been granted nonimmigrant status, then you must file your request for extension of stay while that individual continues to maintain a valid nonimmigrant status. Family members and dependents are limited to the same period of authorized stay as the principal nonimmigrant.

Regardless of your individual circumstances, working with an experienced US Visa Extension attorney is an important choice you can make to help improve your U.S. visa status. Call 855 461 0009 to speak with a US Visa Extension attorney today for a Free Visa Extension law consultation.
Free Immigration Lead Consultation
Schedule a free consultation with a US immigration lead consultant.